This introductory course provides key concepts of achieving a successful negotiation in the workplace. We explore the characterisation of different types of negotiations and provide participants with tools to prepare themselves. Provisions for exploration and discussion is also allocated for strategic and ethical conduct during a negotiation for a successful agreement.
Understanding Public Sector Standards
The course is aimed at giving participants an understanding of how Public Sector Standards are implemented on a departmental level and how they can positively influence productive and safe workplace culture. Community expectations and standards continue to progress as does our own workplace cultures, the course content we will explore;
• Promoting Integrity in the workplace
• Understanding minor and serious misconduct
• Understanding when and how to make a Public Interest Disclosure
• Managing workplace behaviour
• Supporting colleagues through ethical dilemmas in the workplace
Leadership in the Public Sector
Leadership in the Public Service has unique structural challenges to its organisation and effectiveness. Some of us hold a misconception of what leadership is and when it can be applied, which could lead to restricting potential organisational performance. This course provides an overview of leadership concepts with space for exploring and problem-solving a more effective leadership in our current environment.
• Leadership definition and theories explored.
• Differences between leadership and management
• Analysis and motivation of Following
• Leading from every position to enhance organisational effectiveness
• Concepts for developing a team of leaders
Presenting Professionally *NEW*
Our training professionals will provide you with the tools and knowledge to present with confidence and ensuring you feel in control of any audience. We will provide you with tools to ensure your presentation gets your message across and be remembered. You will be provided with tools to enhance your presenting voice that keeps any audience inspired. We will look at presentation tools, room configuration and how to keep your audience engaged.
Assertive communications can help you in everyday life and strengthen your work relationships and reduce stress. A polite but assertive ‘no’ to excessive requests from others will enable you to avoid overloading yourself with work and promote balance in your life. So why not wander along to this free training and access one of your 5 days paid leave that you are entitled to so you can attend.
Ever wondered about what you and other members can do to influence change in the Public Sector or do you feel that you have a good understanding of what this process should involve? If so, why not wander along to this one day course and all will be explained!
• What do we mean by a restructure?
• What does a Change Management process look like?
• Understanding the Department of Premier Cabinet’s “Guide To Organisational Change Management”.
• Redeployment, Redundancies and filling positions.
• Strategies for Delegates and Members to engage colleagues in the change process.
• Formal processes to raise issues with Management.
This course provides an introduction to the key concepts of achieving a successful negotiation in the workplace. Through the course, we explore the characterisation of different types of negotiations and provide participants with tools to prepare for workplace negotiation. Provision for exploration and discussion is also allocated for strategic and ethical conduct during a negotiation for a successful agreement.
Emotionally intelligent people understand the emotions of others and know how to positively influence them. Using a range of tools and techniques, this short course will introduce new ways to harness your own emotions and those around you in order to enhance decision making and improve performance.
Upon completion of this course you’ll be able to:
• Understand what Emotional Intelligence is
• Understand the social neuroscience of emotions and emotional intelligence
• Improve your management of emotions
• Manage your relationships within and outside of the workplace using EI
The work we do is increasing and the pressure of doing more with less can be stressful. Our course is designed to help you identify workplace stressors and give you solutions to get a good work-life balance. Come along and relax in a comfortable training environment and get tips to survive a frustrating workplace.
Building Effective Teams
This course helps you understand what makes an effective team and what can also be damaging in terms of workplace behaviour.
Building Business Relationships
This course helps you create strong skills in working cooperatively with colleagues, resolving conflict and creating positive working environments. Find out how to use essential communication skills to get along with other people and how to communicate positively.
There are conversations we all dread. This course looks at how you can improve your confidence in delivering these talks skilfully.