Notified your position was abolished today?
It has come to our attention that members have been emailed letters notifying them of the abolition of their permanent positions.
This is being done, in some instances, without our members’ manager even knowing!
Has this happened to you? Please email [email protected] if this is the case.
The CPSU/CSA has major concerns of the impact that this will have on members and are well aware of the potential impact this can have. We wish to take the opportunity to remind you to utilise the contacts below if you are in need of assistance throughout this period:
Contact Details for Counselling Services
1. Employee Assistance Programme
- Your employer will have a contract with a Counselling Service Provider where you are usually entitled to 6 free sessions with a counsellor.
- You should speak to HR or Employee Relations and request the contact details.
- This service is confidential and details are not provided to your employer.
2. CPSU/CSA contracted Counselling Service Provider.
If you are uncomfortable with, or have no access to, an Employee Assistance Programme provided by your employer please contact UnionLink for further information on 1300 733 800.
3. Your GP
- Your GP can provide advice and/or a referral to counselling.
- Telephone 13 1114 – this service is available 24/7
- Lifeline also have a search mode to look for specific support services in your area
5. Beyond Blue
- Telephone 1300 224 636 – this service is available 24/7
We will be doing everything we can to ensure that a better process is applied in future.
CPSU/CSA Police team