Police Reform Team update - April 2014
WA Police Reform team met on 9 April 2014 as part of ongoing engagement on the Reform process and has taken action on a number of issues raised by the CPSU/CSA. Our negotiations will be continuing to ensure our members are provided with the best representation during this process.
A major concern was the lack of a clear communication strategy which adversely impacted our members going through Phase One of the Service Definition and Resource Model (SDRM).
As a result of concerns raised PricewaterhouseCoopers were commissioned to develop a SDRM program to assist managers and OICs to deliver clear, accurate and consistent information to their workforce.
Whilst we can not disseminate this document in its entirety delegates have had the opportunity to review and comment and have summarised the key points below
- Manager and staff forums being delivered to increase face-to-face communication, cascade consistent messages and provide opportunity for two-way interaction / questions
- HR Representatives will be available throughout the notification of change process
- A dedicated SDRM Portal has been created on the Frontline 2020 intranet to easily access information
- Opportunity for feedback and questions will be provided through staff forums Briefing to Portfolio Heads and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) that directs them to follow up on communications and ensure they are being delivered
- HR Representatives will be available to support interviews with redeployees to ensure fair and objective process is followed, supported by rigorous requirements around decision rationale
- Professional development sessions to be offered through the Academy around Dealing with Change and interview skills
- Briefings to the CPSU/CSA and Police Union to take place following sign-off of implementation plans to allow them to effectively support members
- HR Representatives present at staff one-to-one meetings to discuss individual outcomes.
We will expect to see implementation of this communications strategy over the next two weeks. To enable the CPSU/CSA to adequately monitor this process and ensure adherence we would appreciate any and all feedback from its members, including your concerns.
Please contact your workplace delegate with any information / concerns or email Janelle Sewell firstname.lastname@example.org