Why can't I just lodge my Application for Reclassification directly with the WA Industrial Commission/Australian Industrial Commission?

You must lodge your Application for Reclassification with your employer in the first instance as the WA Industrial Relations Commission only become involved if your employer rejects your application for reclassification ie if you appeal the decision of your employer.  If your employer accepts your application for reclassification then you notify the Industrial Commission that you are withdrawing your appeal.

Why do I need to lodge a Form 10 with the WA Industrial Relations Commission?

If your employer rejects your application for reclassification you can appeal the decision with the WA Industrial Relations Commission.  Lodgement of a Form 10 preserves the effective date if you successfully appeal the decision of your employer and your position is reclassified.  If your Reclassification is successful and you are reclassified with your position, an increase in salary will be backdated to the effective date.

What is Reclassification?

Reclassification is the permanent change to the Classification Level of a Position.

Get More Answers

This is just a sample of all our FAQs - there is a lot more information that only members can access.

Log in to see more.

Not a member? Join here.

Unless otherwise stated, this information currently applies only to members covered by the Public Service and Government Officers General Agreement 2014.
The information contained in these FAQs is intended as general information only and does not constitute legal advice.  You may wish to seek advice from UnionLink on (08) 9323 3800 or help@cpsucsa.org about your particular circumstances. 
    • Location

      Level 5, 445 Hay Street
      Perth WA 6000

      PO BOX X2252
      Perth WA 6847

      Follow us

    • Contact us


      UnionLink: 9323 3800
      Regional: 1300 733 800
      Reception: 9323 3800