What is a breach of discipline?
A breach of discipline process can be commenced by your employer if they believe that you have:
- disobeyed or disregarded a lawful direction;
- breached the Public Sector Management Act 1994 including the code of ethics or code of conduct;
- committed an act of misconduct;
- committed a serious offence against the law of the state, Commonwealth or a foreign country that would be indictable in this State;
- were negligent or careless in the performance of your duties; or
- committed an act of victimisation in relation to another employee, client or member of the public.