Main Roads Bargaining Update
The CPSU/CSA commenced formal negotiations with MRWA for a new Enterprise Bargaining Agreement on 20 September 2017. ‘In-principle’ agreement was reached with MRWA on 31 January 2018.
Unfortunately, MRWA strenuously rejected our request to provide a business case outlining the rationale for rejecting requests for flexible working arrangements, however, they have agreed to hold a special Joint Consultative Committee (JCC) meeting to discuss outstanding issues in regard to flexi time.
Some key points include:
- Two year agreement
- No trade offs
- $1000 pay increases (effective from 31 January 2018 & 31 January 2019)
- Explicit acknowledgement by MRWA that permanency is the preferred form of engagement over casual, labour hire, and other forms of contract for service arrangements.
- Limits and accountabilities to the Joint Consultative Committee (JCC) on MRWA using fixed term employment contracts.
- Additional indices to be considered in assessing workload and the JCC having the capacity to monitor workload issues via survey conducted by a review team to be established within 21 days of a written request.
- Capacity for employees, working in areas that have a Christmas/New year close down, to access additional forms of paid leave if they have insufficient flex hours to cover the closedown period.
A ballot of members will be undertaken shortly and provides the opportunity for Union members (only) to accept or reject the final offer.