Third Offer Received
A third offer has been received for Your Union Agreement.
Public Sector Labour Relations presented offer documentation to representatives of your Union bargaining team last Friday afternoon, and provided the final document in the offer package yesterday evening.
Further negotiation, supported by member campaign activities, has resulted in an offer that includes the improvements secured in the previous offer, maintains the 13 June 2017 and 13 June 2018 as the effective dates of the $1000 pay increases, and the following NEW job security provisions:
- A comprehensive review of existing processes for public sector redeployment and redundancy to be conducted during the life of the Agreement;
- Requirement for employers proposing change that may result in surplus employees to provide information on their overall workforce composition to the union and likely affected employees as soon as possible.
- Requirement that vacancies be filled with suitable surplus employees before engaging, or extending the engagement of, employees on fixed term contracts or labour hire arrangements;
- Requirement for the suitability of a surplus employee to be assessed broadly;
- Requirement that surplus employees be given direct access to priority vacancies through RAMS;
- Requirement for stronger case management, including surplus employees being provided with an appropriately skilled case manager/s, a skills audit and continual support to find suitable employment;
- Requirement that employees receive written reason/s for the intended registration and the possible employment, placement and training options available to them when notified of their employer’s intention to make them registered;
- An employer may suspend the redeployment period of a registered employee for the duration that the employee is participating in retraining, a secondment or other employment placement arrangement; and
- Requirement that the union be notified when registered employees enter the last 3 months of their redeployment period.