Introduction to the CPSU/CSA
The CPSU/CSA is the combined entity of the Community and Public Sector Union SPSF Group (WA Branch) and the Civil Service Association of Western Australia Incorporated. We are a registered employee organisation representing more than 12,000 workers across WA in a variety of industries. We make work life better. You may be a CPSU/CSA member already, or you may just be visiting our website and interested in finding out more. This Policy outlines how the CPSU/CSA collects, stores, uses, discloses or otherwise manages the personal information of our members or other individuals.
What information does the CPSU/CSA collect and why?
The CPSU/CSA collects personal information in order to lawfully conduct its core business which includes upholding the Objects of the Union as articulated in the Rules and protecting and advancing the rights and interests of CPSU/CSA members. This Policy should be read in conjunction with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Act), including Schedule 1 to the Act which contains the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). This Policy also applies to personal information the CPSU/CSA collects from the Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU), UnionsWA or from your employer, about you.
Personal information is collected from individuals by the CPSU/CSA and used, held and disclosed for the following purposes:
- identification of potential members and recruitment;
- membership management and communications;
- collection of membership fees;
- organising, education and delegate development;
- encouraging and facilitating the democratic control of the Union by the membership through direct communications between members, workplace delegates, and representatives of Branch Council;
- industrial representation and advocacy;
- industrial, political, and community campaigns consistent with the objects of the Union; and
- provision and coordination of other membership services, including legal benefits scheme, journey cover, workers’ compensation and other services.
Personal information can be collected through information provided to the CPSU/CSA, including through emails, petitions, surveys, meeting attendance sheets, website or social media analytics, and from publicly available information. Where reasonable and practicable, this information will be collected from the individual directly in accordance with APP 3.6.
This Policy may be varied from time to time and an updated version will be posted on the CPSU/CSA website. Please check our website regularly to access the most recent version of the Policy.
Any privacy-related question, complaint, notification of a suspected breach, or request for access to personal information about you held by the CPSU/CSA is to be directed to the CPSU/CSA Governance and Policy Officer:
- By post: Level 5, 445 Hay Street Perth 6000;
- By phone: 08 9323 3800; or
- By email: [email protected].